Photo credit: Boring Company
Elon Musk’s The Boring Company has completed excavating the second of two tunnels planned for the Las Vegas Convention Centers underground loop transit system. The first tunnel was finished in February and now, the company will begin construction on the above-ground passenger stations at either end of the tunnels as well as a third underground station in the middle of the loop. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The Boring Company has officially called this people-mover the “Convention Center Loop,” and it’s slated to open to the public during January 2021 for the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES), should the coronavirus pandemic have calmed by then. There is also going to be a pedestrian tunnel that will lets showgoers trek between the 3.2-million-square-feet of convention space in just 15-minutes. Tourists will be able to quickly travel between points of interest in Las Vegas at speeds of up to 155 miles per house inside the two tunnels located 40-feet beneath the surface.
- All aboard the cargo train! Kids can be conductors with this motorized remote control train and tracks set, The best gift for boys and girls who love construction sets, moving trains and endless hours of play!
- Includes 1226 LEGO pieces that assemble into a cargo train with 4 cars, a control center, an armored truck, a forklift, and rail tracks, For boys and girls ages 6-12 who want to operate their own electronic locomotive
- Build your own runaway train story with 6 minifigures (4 train workers, a security officer, and a crook) as well as a 10-speed Bluetooth remote control that operates the battery-powered railway, Batteries not included
- The LEGO City Cargo Train is compatible with all LEGO construction sets, giving kids the freedom of off-the-rails imagination when building the trains and tracks of their wildest dreams
- Cargo Train measures over 4 inches (11cm) high, 32 inches (82cm) long and 2 inches (6cm) wide; Money Transporter Truck measures over 2 inches (6cm) high, 6 inches (15cm) long and 2 inches (6cm) wide