Ice cream may be nice in the summer, but for those on a diet, AQUA water jelly may be the better alternative. It’s actually one of the hottest summer treats in Japan this summer and can be purchased at normal vending machines across the country, even in metro stations. Made by the JR East Cross Station Water Business Company, it comes in a variety of flavors.
The most popular flavor by far is ramune, which is based on a popular Japanese carbonated soft drink. What does it taste like? Most compare it to a mildly citrus-tasting bubble gum, but it is offered in other varieties, such as watermelon, cantaloupe, etc. This does mean that it does have sugar as well as 55 calories per 100 ml. To get the jelly effect, the beverage does need to chilled, although you can also freeze it for a more slushy-like texture.
- THE MOST CONVENIENT MICRO-FRIDGE: This compact fridge is perfect for everyday use. You can use it to store your lunch, drinks and baby bottles.
- PORTABLE MINI FRIDGES: 3 pounds, perfect for on the go. You can place this fridge in your office or dorm. Plug into either your home outlet or DC cigarettelighter outlet - Both charges are included in the box.
- GREAT FOR SMALL SPACES: This mini-fridge is (10 x 7 x 10 inches) has a flush-back design that allows for multiple placement options in any room
- COMPACT: 4 Liter capacity chills six 12 oz. soda cans; interior is 5 x 5 x 7. 5 and includes a removable shelf that offers a variety of storage options so you can store small items such as yoghurt, fruit, milk, bottles etc
- GO GREEN! : This product was engineered with thermoelectric technology. It uses advanced semiconductors that are free of CFCs and refrigerants, making it better for the environment.