Auto enthusiasts have probably seen the Ariel Atom 4 when it debuted at the 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed, but now, it’s arrived in North America. This kart-like track car is powered by a Honda Civic Type R-sourced K20C 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine generating 324 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, enabling it to hit 60 mph in just 2.8-seconds, while topping out at 162 mph. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Since this is a track-only car, no expense was spared on the suspension. Featuring double unequal length wishbones, pushrod operated inboard dampers, adjustable outboard rod ends, aluminum bellcranks, lightweight machined uprights, Bilstein single adjustable dampers and two-piece Eibach springs. For those who want even more control, there’s the optional Bilstein’s MDS double adjustable dampers or Ohlins’ TTX 3-way units. Its 16 and 17-inch wheels are wrapped in Toyo R888R tires for maximum grip. Available now, priced from $74,750 without any options.
- Double the Fun: By attaching your Ninebot S to the GoKart Kit, you can enjoy a fully-functional GoKart with range up to 13.7 miles and speed up to 10mph. With an adjustable frame length, both kids and adults can enjoy the drift experience
- Designed to Fit Most Riders: Segway Ninebot GoKart features three driving modes suitable for different ages. The adjustable frame and steering wheel fit riders between 4' 5" to 6' 3" (130 cm - 190 cm) with a max load of 220 pounds (100 kg)
- Secure Your Safety: Ninebot S's hand brake & brake pedal offer a double braking system that improves safety. Equipped with two layers of impact protection, effectively reduce the impact force, and provide high-strength protection for scooter body
- Easy Assembly& Portable Design: Gokart Kit is as easy to assemble as it is fun to ride! Easily attach and detach Ninebot S before and after riding. Please follow up the assembling steps in user manual. It can easily fit in most car trunks for transport
- Quality Assurance: Download the Segway app for a new rider tutorial, assembly instructions, fault reminder speed and more. Please refer to warranty information in product details below and contact us if you have any problems
The Atom 4 is the biggest change to the car since we originally released it in 1999. It really is an all-new car; in fact, there are only three parts carried over from the last Atom – the clutch/brake pedals and the fuel cap,” said Simon Saunders, Director of Ariel.