Shanghai-based AutoFlight recently completed yet another successful test flight of its ‘Prosperity’ electric vertical takeoff and landing air taxi. The eVTOL in production form will be able to safely transport four passengers up to 155-miles on a single charge while cruising at 124 mph. This unmanned prototype took the company approximately 3-months to build and already has over two dozen flights under its belt.
As you can see in the test flight, the eVTOL is far quieter than traditional rotor aircraft, producing just a low frequency buzz that would most likely not disturb residents below. The company hopes to put it in service by 2026, but for now, they are working on getting it certified with both local authorities as well as the European Union Aviation Safety Agency. When it hits the market, Joby Aviation’s air taxi will definitely give ‘Prosperity’ a run for its money.
- 【PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE】: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. compact and convenient, this small drone is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favorite memories.
- 【3-AXIS GIMBAL WITH 4K CAMERA】: a 12mp camera in the sky delivers content guaranteed to impress. along with 4k/30fps video and a 3-axis motorized gimbal, mini 2 ensures stunning image quality that is consistently smooth no matter how adventurous your piloting gets.
- 【OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION】: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer.
- 【POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】: with a max battery life of 31 minutes, dji mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
- 【4X ZOOM】: there’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition. Operating Frequency 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz
The team and I are thrilled to have cracked the smooth transition phase of eVTOL flight, unlocking the skies for Prosperity I and our commercial products. We are confident we have a good design underpinned by sound engineering, and delighted to see that the transition was smooth, safe and seamless,” said Tian Yu, AutoFlight CEO.