Photo credit: Christian Thompson/Disneyland Resort
Avengers Campus is set to open this Friday (June 4th) at Disney California Adventure and the grand opening ceremony just took place tonight. This new themed area takes the place previously occupied by A Bug’s Land and will include the following attractions: Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission Breakout!, Guardians of the Galaxy – Awesome Dance Off!, Heroic Encounters, Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure, Ancient Sanctum, and Avengers Headquarters attractions. Read more for three videos and additional information.
In addition to the attractions, this 6-acre land lets guests join the action with the Avengers, such as Iron Man, Black Panther, Black Widow or just taste-test inventive food at Pym Test Kitchen, Pym Tasting Lab, Shawarma Palace as well as Terran Treats. For those wondering what comes next, there will be an Avenbers Quinjet Experience opening in Phase 2 of the Avengers Campus.
- Build Tony Stark's Iron Man Hall of Armor with a rotating podium, detachable modules that can be combined and stacked in many different ways, plus a posable Igor Suit mech with minifigure cockpit and mobile robot toy
- This fun Marvel building toy includes 5 minifigures: Iron Man MK 1, Iron Man MK 5, Iron Man MK 41 and Iron Man MK 50 (plus Tony Stark face and hair elements to attach to your chosen Iron Man suit) and 2 Outrider action figures
- Iron Man Hall of Fame lab measures over 5 inches (13cm) high, 13 inches (35cm) wide and 6 inches (17cm) deep with modules in standard formation; Igor Suit Mech measures over 3 inches (9cm) high, 1 inches (5cm) long and 3 inches (9cm) wide
- 524 pieces- Iron Man toy set for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids; This LEGO Marvel Avengers Iron Man Hall of Armor 76125 building set for kids can be built together with all other original LEGO creative toys and LEGO bricks for creative play
- Recreate exciting action scenes from the Marvel Avengers movies with this buildable superhero toy
Just as Ant-Man and The Wasp used ‘Pym Particles’ to grow and shrink just about anything, Pym Test Kitchen featuring Impossible, the quick-service restaurant on Avengers Campus, uses ‘Pym Particles’ to grow and shrink innovations in food science. You will be the taste-testers savoring hero-sized meals and tiny treats while you watch the Pym food scientists at work in the kitchen lab,” according to Disney.