It’s official, Axiom Space’s Ax-1 private astronaut crew is currently making their way back to Earth after spending nearly 15-days aboard the International Space Station. Their SpaceX Dragon capsule undocked at 9:10 pm EST on Sunday, April 24th and is anticipated to splash down right off the coast of Florida tomorrow, April 25th.
The four person crew includes Commander Michael López-Alegría, Pilot Larry Connor, and Mission Specialists Eytan Stibbe, along with Mark Pathy. During their time on the ISS, the multinational Ax-1 crew conducted work for more than 25 research projects with partners across the globe, including the Mayo Clinic, Montreal Children’s Hospital, Cleveland Clinic, and the Ramon Foundation. Unfortunately, they weren’t able to decode this strange Milky Way radio signal.
- IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE: Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 4K/60FPS VIDEO: The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- BRAND-NEW S MODE: Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES: An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM: Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles.
The Ax-1 crew is history’s first all-private crew to travel to the ISS. Ax-1 is the first of several proposed Axiom missions to the ISS and an important step toward Axiom Station, the world’s first private space station in low-Earth orbit, which can serve as a global academic and commercial hub,” said Axiom Space.