Photo credit: Binoche et giquello
Big John isn’t a vehicle, piece of jewelry, or other luxurious item, but rather the world’s largest triceratops skeleton, and it could be yours for the price price. It’s headed to the Binoche et Giquello auction in October, boasting a skull that measures 2.62 meters (8 feet 7 inches) long, 2 meters (6 feet 7 inches) wide, with two massive horns measuring 1.1 meters (3 feet 7 inches) long, capable of withstanding 16 tons of pressure. Read more for a video and additional information.
This dinosaur resided in Laramidia, an island continent that stretches from present day Alaska to Mexico. Unfortunately, it was washed away in an ancient flood plain currently known as the Hell Creek formation in South Dakota. The remains of Big John was first discovered by geologist Walter W. Stein Bill in May 2014 and excavated a year later. Restoration was later completed in Italy. The one-of-a-kind piece is expected to fetch up to $1.7-million USD on October 21 at the Drouot auction house in Paris.
- Role-play as a paleontologist and imagine what life on Earth was like millions of years ago as you build intricately detailed LEGO models of pterosaur and dinosaur skeletons for display!
- In the box: buildable, posable Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops and Pteranodon skeleton models with displays stands, plus a LEGO paleontologist minifigure and sapiens skeleton figure, to recreate a natural history museum
- This collectible, 910-piece set makes a fantastic archaeology toy gift for all aged 16+ who love to build solo or to share their interest in natural history, dinosaurs and LEGO building with friends and family
- This LEGO Ideas Dinosaur Fossils 21320 construction toy is compatible with the LEGO construction toys, bricks and characters that you already own so you can create your own unique toy museum
- These 1: 32 scale pterosaur and dinosaur skeleton toy models make an eye-catching centerpiece in any room, with the T. rex skeleton model the biggest of the 3, measuring over 7” (20cm) tall and 15” (40cm) long