Philips Hue has teamed up with Spotify to create the first deep integration of lighting and music that will provide an immersive light and music experience unlike any other. There may be similar lighting systems that seemingly dance to your music, but this system uses the Philips Hue app to analyze the metadata for each Spotify song in real-time. This results in a light show that not only incorporates the beat of the song, but also reflects its mood, genre, tempo, segments, loudness, pitch and more. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Best of all, the Philips Hue and Spotify integration is completely free to use with the Hue App. For those who don’t have the lighting system yet, you’ll need a Hue Bridge and color-capable Philips Hue lights, whether it be the White and color ambiance smart bulbs, a Hue Go, or the new ambiance gradient lightstrip. Since this ntegration is embedded directly in the Philips Hue app, you won’t need to install a microphone for it to react to the music. Just link your Philips Hue and Spotify accounts in the Philips Hue app before playing a song from any device that’s logged in to the latter.
- COMPATIBILITY: NOTE: These are NOT compatible with the Non-Bluetooth light strip extension. To extend this strip, please use the Bluetooth extension. Expand with any voice or Smart Home assistant. Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Homekit, Microsoft Cortana, SmartThings, IFTT. Hub required, Alexa device).
- HASSLE-FREE CONNECTIVITY: These smart lightstrips are bluetooth-enabled and simple to connect. Control up to 50 smart lights on 1 Hue Hub without clogging up your Wi-Fi network.
- HOW TO USE: Install the flexible Bluetooth LightStrip under bars, bed frames, or cabinets, with the included adhesive tape. Trim it to the perfect size with the included cut marks. Connect up to 32 feet of extension per base kit.
- BEAUTIFUL, OPTIMAL DESIGN: The coating around the Lightstrip helps to create a single, bright, and vibrant colored light across the entire strip for a more aesthetically pleasing Smart Home.
- ULTIMATE ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE: Sync your hue lightstrip plus with Gaming, Music and Movies using your PC via the Hue Sync app.
At Spotify, we’re always working to create the best listening experience for every moment, via any device, throughout your day. We’re looking forward to introducing our innovative integration with Philips Hue, where smart lighting will add another dimension to enhancing your next listening session,” said Sten Garmark, VP of Consumer Experience at Spotify.