Powered by a 4.4L S63 M TwinPower Turbo V8 that generates 617 hp @ 6,000 rpm and 553 lb-ft @ 1,800 – 5,860 rpm, the BMW M8 Competition is the automaker’s fastest model yet. The Competition model is also equipped with an M Sport exhaust which enhances the sound emanating from the two twin 100 mm exhaust tips even further, while an M Sound Control button in the center console allows the driver to select the exhaust note which suits their desire. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
Car&Driver recently got to test drive the M8 Competition and discovered that it could accelerate from 0-60 mph in a mere 2.5 seconds (BMW claimed 3.2 seconds) and clears the quarter-mile in 10.7 at 129 mph. That’s not all, Joe Achilles managed to set a time of 2:26.431 at Silverstone, which is just one minute slower than the average Formula One car.
- The perfect gift for car lovers and future engineers! Build and experience a quintessential collectible sports car – the LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron! Developed in partnership with Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S, this is a faithful recreation of the real car
- The Bugatti advanced model car build is created with 3599 pieces and features a classic duo-tone blue color scheme, This set is the perfect addition to any adult or teen's car collection and can be played with or used for display
- This 1:8 scale Bugatti Chiron race car model features an active rear wing, 8-speed gearbox with paddle gear shift, W16 engine, steering wheel, suspension and spoked rims and comes in luxurious box packaging with a collector's booklet
- The LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron model car building kit can be built together with all LEGO Technic sets and LEGO bricks for creative construction and extended play
- The Bugatti model car measures over 5 inches (14cm) high, 22 inches (56cm) long and 9 inches (25cm) wide
The launch of the new M8 is unique in that the race car made its appearance almost two years before the production street versions will be available in showrooms. In those past two years of testing and racing in the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship, the BMW M8 GTE collected three victories, including the prestigious 24 Hours of Daytona, four additional podium finishes and three pole positions. A very solid foundation for the pinnacle model in BMW M GmbH’s portfolio,” said the company.