We’ve seen plenty of Boston Dynamics’ Spot robot dog, but what about Atlas? Well, this humanoid robot faced off with its animal-like counterpart recently, and the result was a dance showdown. For those who don’t know, Atlas boasts one of the world’s most compact mobile hydraulic systems, consisting of custom motors, valves, and a compact hydraulic power unit that moves its 28 joints for impressive feats of mobility. Read more for the video and additional information.
Atlas’s advanced control system allows for highly diverse and agile locomotion, while algorithms process complex dynamic interactions involving the whole body as well as the environment to plan movements. Plus, the robot is ultra lightweight since it uses 3D printed parts to give it the strength-to-weight ratio necessary for leaps and somersaults.
- With LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control model robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices)
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO Life
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long; The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others