Boston Dynamics has been selling its Spot robot dog to select research facilities for around a year now, but today, the company announced that businesses in the United States are able to purchase it directly from their website. At $74500, Spot’s modular platform is designed to be easily-configurable using a number of accessories and add-ons available. Read more for a video showing how it works and additional information.
Around 150 lucky research facilities managed to get Spot under a short-term lease under Boston Dynamics’ Early Adopter Program, and many used the robots to document construction progress, monitor remote or hazardous environments, as well as provide situational awareness. They were used in a variety of areas, including power generation facilities, decommissioned nuclear sites, factory floors, construction sites, and laboratories.
- 【Coding Robot Kit for Beginners】The Makeblock mBot STEM robotics kit was designed for kids to learn robot programming in a simple and fun way. It is an excellent entry-level learning robot toy for kids who want to learn about electronics, robotics, programming from scratch, and solving coding tasks via interactive software and tools.
- 【 Easy-Building Car Kit with Remote Control 】The mBot robot building kit has a user-friendly design that allows kids to build the robot using simply a screwdriver and learn more about electronics, machinery, and robotics components. The mBot is also a pink remote control car kit with multiple control play, you can control the robot via app or remote control.
- 【Coding Software Platform for Beginners 】The drag-and-drop software provides an intuitive way for kids to learn coding. With the mBlock Blockly App of more than 60 engaging programming games, kids can learn code step by step. mBlock is a platform that supports Scratch and Arduino coding, as well as a project community for students to communicate and share. There are also free programming-related online tutorials for millions of makers, educators, and learners.
- 【Infinite Creative Robot with Add-on Packs】The mBot creative STEM robot has an open-source system that ensures rich and engaging add-on pack play and allows kids to develop their creativity. The STEM toys mBot can be connected to more than 100 kinds of electronic modules, and more than 500 parts from the Makeblock platform, so kids can create a customized pink robot by their specs.
- 【Awesome Gift and Suitable for Class】Surprise your little Kids with super cool DIY robotics kits and let them discover the secrets of programming & electronics. Being well packaged, mBot is made of high-strength 6061 Aluminum alloy metal materials, which makes it robust and durable for years. It is a perfect learning&educational toy gift for boys and girls on birthday|Children's Day| Christmas|Chanukah|Easter|STEM|summer camp activities|back to school|Home Fun Time.
At Boston Dynamics, we have spent decades creating and refining robots with advanced mobility, dexterity and intelligence because we believe agile robots can solve a broad range of real world problems. The combination of Spot’s sophisticated software and high performance mechanical design enables the robot to augment difficult or dangerous human work. Now you can use Spot to increase human safety in environments and tasks where traditional automation hasn’t been successful,” said Marc Raibert, chairman and founder of Boston Dynamics.