Boston Dynamics has been selling its Spot robot dog to select research facilities for around a year now, but today, the company announced that businesses in the United States are able to purchase it directly from their website. At $74500, Spot’s modular platform is designed to be easily-configurable using a number of accessories and add-ons available. Read more for a video showing how it works and additional information.
Around 150 lucky research facilities managed to get Spot under a short-term lease under Boston Dynamics’ Early Adopter Program, and many used the robots to document construction progress, monitor remote or hazardous environments, as well as provide situational awareness. They were used in a variety of areas, including power generation facilities, decommissioned nuclear sites, factory floors, construction sites, and laboratories.
- Proudly presented by Makeblock, a global leading brand in STEAM education solution that has integrated in 140+ countries.
- Don’t judge it by size, he is a real robot that has many modes to play with, like obstacle avoidance, line-follow and etc. It is easy to build within 15 mins and can be controlled by remote or smartphones through Makeblock App (iOS/Android).
- It’s up to you to decide if you wants to follow the guide or DIY it with your own imagination to make your mBot completely differ from everyone else, You can also upgrade it by purchasing the add-on package of mBot to DIY more forms of mBot.
- Code it from all platform, the mBlock Blockly App (iOS/Android) is a great place to train the logical thinking for new coders. The advanced mBlock software (Windows/MacOS/Linux/Chrome) is one of the most popular entry-level coding platform with more than 450,000+ users that helps you to bring your creativity into reality.
- Battery Requirements: 4 pcs AA batteries or 1 pcs 3.7V 1800mAh Lithium for mBot and CR2025 coin battery for Remote. Batteries are not included. Lithium battery can be bought via searching B07KPVH8H3 on amazon.
At Boston Dynamics, we have spent decades creating and refining robots with advanced mobility, dexterity and intelligence because we believe agile robots can solve a broad range of real world problems. The combination of Spot’s sophisticated software and high performance mechanical design enables the robot to augment difficult or dangerous human work. Now you can use Spot to increase human safety in environments and tasks where traditional automation hasn’t been successful,” said Marc Raibert, chairman and founder of Boston Dynamics.