Apple announced that it has added mouse support for iPads, and so accessory makers are now beginning to build trackpads directly into their keyboard cases, starting with the Brydge Pro+. This sleek aluminum keyboard case boasts backlit keys and has a battery life of up to 12 months, depending on your usage, or 20-hours if the backlight is always on. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The iPad slides into rubber-padded hinge clamps on the Brydge Pro+, and the keyboard as well as trackpad are paired via Bluetooth. Pricing starts at $199.99 for the 11-inch 2020 iPad Pro model, while the 12.9-inch version will set you back $229.99. Currently, the company is accepting pre-orders, with deliveries expected in mid-April.
- 12.9-inch edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- A12Z Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner
- 7MP TrueDepth front camera
- Face ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
Fluid gestures on the trackpad allow users to easily switch between apps, access the app switcher and activate the Dock, Control Center and apps in Slide Over,” according to Brydge.