Photo credit: Luigi Memola
For those who don’t follow motorsports, Bugatti’s Type 35 was the most successful of the company’s racing models. Its version of the Bugatti arch-shaped radiator that had evolved from the more architectural one of the Bugatti Type 13 Brescia went on to become the automaker’s best known marque. Designer Luigi Memola wanted to pay tribute with a modern version, called the Type 251 EVO. This speedster concept may not win over 1,000 races like the Type 35, but its open top design is more than enough to turn some heads. Read more for additional pictures.
The Type 251 EVO Speedster is based on the Bugatti Chiron and draws some inspiration from the original Type 251, which was completed in 1955. One interesting fact that you may not have known is that it was designed by Gioacchino Colombo of Ferrari fame, powered by a then new 2.5L straight-8 mounted transversely behind the driver. The Type 251 was entered in the 1956 French Grand Prix, driven by Maurice Trintignant, but unfortunately, it was not competitive and retired after 18 laps.
- Enjoy immersive building with this LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 set 42115. Then explore the model car’s faithful features, including V12 engine with moving pistons, steering, and front and rear suspension
- With an 8-speed sequential transmission, movable rear spoiler, opening front and rear hood, detailed disc brakes and golden rims, this LEGO Technic model car building set brings you closer than ever to the real Lamborghini Sián FKP 37
- Designed especially for super sports car fans, with superb detailing, this advanced LEGO Technic vehicle construction set comes with a decorative display plate and unique serial number to unlock exclusive online content
- A rewarding building project for you, or a special birthday present or holiday gift for a loved one; This LEGO building set is presented in exclusive luxury packaging and provides a stunning display piece to own and enjoy
- In a vivid lime green color scheme, with golden rims and decorated elements, this 1:8 scale buildable model car measures over 5” (13cm) high, 23” (60cm) long and 9” (25cm) wide