Photo credit: Ryan Hanyok / U.S. Navy
Located at the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Indian Head, Maryland, the US Navy Indoor Sea Simulator is basically a 12-million-gallon, football-field-size pool. Featuring 216 electronically-controlled wave boards, each with its own motor synced up to software, capable of recreating eight ocean conditions, whether it be calm or typhoon-like, across all seven seas. Read more for two videos and additional information.
What is it used for? For testing models of the billion-dollar warships before actually building them and also for sailors to see if they can launch missiles as well as land helicopters in particular circumstances. This allows them to control the pitch, roll, sway, heave, acceleration, displacement, and more, to see precisely how the vessels handle on a full tank versus fumes.
- 【Altitude Hold Function】Compared with other helicopters,SYMA S107H-R with this function but most of others without this function.it be locked at a certain height when you release the throttle stick, which makes it easier to control the helicopter for beginner and kids.
- 【One Key Take Off/Landing】with these functions,The helicopter will hover at certain altitude automatically after taking off/landing.it is easy to operate for kids and beginers.
- 【Whole Alloy body&Anti-Collision】Whole alloy material weight 0.97LB is very sturdy with longer lifespan, which is suit for kids and beginner to play as no serious damage or dysfunctional appearance after many times crashes.
- 【Full 3.5 Channels & 2 Selectable Frequencies】Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward and Backward built-in Gyro to hover in the air.Moves More Flexible and Stable.2 Selectable Frequencies Let You Fly Up To 2 Helicopters At Once.
- 【[Helicopter with several certificates】FCC, CE, ROHS, EN71, EN62115, EN60825, R&TTE, PAHS, HR4040, 6P, ASTM,REACH. Compatible with US standard. It is very safety for kids playing.