A research team led by Lihong Wang at Caltech’s Andrew and Peggy Cherng Department of Medical Engineering have developed an ultra fast camera that is capable of taking as many as 70 trillion frames per second. In other words, it’s fast enough to see waves of light traveling and the fluorescent decay of molecules. Read more for another picture and additional information.
The camera technology is called compressed ultrafast spectral photography (CUSP) and it’s very similar in some respects to previous fast cameras he has built, such as his phase-sensitive compressed ultrafast photography (pCUP) device, which has the ability to take 1 trillion frames per second of transparent objects and phenomena. However, CUSP combines a laser that emits extremely short pulses of laser light that last just one quadrillionth of a second with optics as well as a specialized type of camera.
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE】: as the smallest 3-axis stabilized handheld camera DJI has ever designed, the compact and intelligent OSMO pocket turns any moment into a cinematic memory
- 【AMAZINGLY POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】: OSMO pocket snaps photos in stunning detail, thanks to a 1/2. 3-Inch sensor, 80° FOV, and F/2. 0 aperture. It can also shoot 4K/60Fps video at 100Mbps and photos at 12 MP with a Pixel size of 1. 55 μm for footage worth sharing every time
- 【CREATIVE】: Osmo Pocket can be connected to your phone for vlog and steaming. YouTube, TikTok, Streamlabs.
- 【A VARIETY OF FUNCTIONS】: Osmo Pocket features a variety of functions that allow you to create even more creative content including: ActiveTrack, FaceTrack, Timelapse, Motionlapse, Pano, NightShot, Story Mode
- 【COMPATIBILITY】: DJI Mimo App requires iOS 10.0, Android 7.0 or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE, Samsung Galaxy S10+, S10, S9+, S9, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, Note 8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10, Mate 9 Pro, Mate 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S, Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, Google Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2
We envision applications in a rich variety of extremely fast phenomena, such as ultrashort light propagation, wave propagation, nuclear fusion, photon transport in clouds and biological tissues, and fluorescent decay of biomolecules, among other things,” said Lihong Wang, Bren Professor of Medical Engineering and Electrical Engineering in the Andrew and Peggy Cherng Department of Medical Engineering.