The Canon PowerShot PX, a small, smart and friendly camera, may look normal at first, but it doesn’t quite function as you’d expect. Why? It uses artificial intelligence and facial recognition to automatically captures high-quality 11.7MP images and 60p Full HD video. This camera not only follows the action, but it also frames subjects intelligently to capture natural expressions and reactions. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
After turning it on, the compact PowerShot PX can be set anywhere around the home to take candid shots of everyday moments, while voice command capabilities allow you to go completely hands-free to capture still images or dynamic videos. Other features include USB-C charging and built-in Wi-Fi, enabling one to quickly link it to smart devices. On the technical side, it boasts a 19-57mm focal length range and flexible pan-and-tilt zoom lens to provide a broad field of view of 340˚ horizontally and 110˚ vertically. Available now in the UK and Europe, priced at $580 USD.
- High image quality with 32.5 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor,
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 14 fps with AF/AE tracking
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5, 481 manually selectable AF positions, and eye AF Servo support
- 4K UHD 30P/ Full HD 129P video
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam, or do the same using a clean HDMI output
Manually control the camera with the app to compose the perfect shot and capture images from a distance, all without the need to run back and forth to check the device. Families can even customise automatic shooting settings, angle the lens to snap pictures in their own style and select familiar faces within the app to increase priority when shooting. The PowerShot PX can also double as a webcam with the use of the PC webcam utility app,” said Canon.