Germany-based Carbon Mobile has just unveiled the CARBON 1 MK II, which is touted as the first smartphone to have a full carbon fiber body. At just 6.3mm thick and weighing in at 125g, it doesn’t lack in features. Boasting a 6-inch AMOLED FHD+ display, the Helio P90 chipset, 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM, 256GB of UFS 2.1 internal storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and a USB-C 3.1 port. Camera wise, we’re looking at a dual camera setup and a 20-megapixel shooter up front for selfies and video calls. Read more for two videos, including a hands-on, and additional information.
Unfortunately (or fortunately), it does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack nor 5G connectivity. Rather than a standard fingerprint sensor or one built into the display, the CARBON I MK II sports one right beneath the volume button for easy authentication. Available now in Germany, priced at $960 USD. There’s no word yet on release dates outside of Europe, but there could be a 5G version in the future if this dual SIM 4G model is a success.
- 120 Hz Fluid Display – Watch your favorite shows and movies on a state-of-the-art 6.78" QHD+ display with brilliant color accuracy and a seamless 120 Hz refresh rate.
- 5G Capable – Experience faster upload and download speeds along with lower latency when connected to a 5G network.
- 48 MP Quad Camera - Frame every moment with a 48 MP main camera and 48 MP Ultra Wide Angle camera. Get closer with the 3X telephoto camera with up to 30x Digital Zoom, 5 MP Color Filter camera and 16 MP front camera.
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – Experience powerhouse performance with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865.
- High-Capacity 4510 mAh Battery – Speed up your charge with Warp Charge Wireless 30 for fast wireless charging and Warp Charge 30T technology when you need to plug in.