The 3,366-pound Chevrolet Corvette C8 even when equipped with the optional Z51 Performance Package is priced far less than a new Porsche 911 GT3 RS ($187,500 USD) and has 495 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque. Porsche’s latest GT3 RS weighs in a 3,153-pounds and boasts 512 hp and 347 lb-ft of torque, but how does it stack up against Chevy’s mid-engine beast at the track? Read more for a video pitting the two against each other at the track.
This video was recorded at Willow Springs HPDE track event in Southern California. The C8 received a wheel alignment before hitting the track to ensure the best turn-in and tire wear. Considering the Corvette costs about a third what the GT3 RS does, it most definitely held its own, but style wise, the latter may take the crown.
- Inspire kids and all Porsche fans to build, race and display this white 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 toy car with a removable windshield to place a minifigure in the cockpit and authentic design details including the iconic ‘whale tail’ rear spoiler!
- This LEGO sports car set includes a new-for-August-2019 classic Porsche 911 driver minifigure with a helmet element, plus 3 cone elements for racing play action
- Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 model car measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide
- 180 pieces – Fun birthday gift for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages; This LEGO Speed Champions 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 75895 model race car kit can be built together with all other LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative play
- Kids can add an exciting digital dimension to their racing play and ‘drive' this car in the Forza Horizon 4 LEGO Speed Champions expansion pack (sold separately)