Photo credit: Giacomo Zangani
Most know of Nintendo’s Joy-Con, which are the primary game controllers for the Switch, consisting of two individual units, each containing an analog stick and an array of buttons. They can either be used while attached to the main console unit, or detached and played wirelessly; when detached, a pair of Joy-Con can be used by a single player, or divided between two as individual controllers. Giacomo Zangani’s Clippad may not have the two player functionality, but when not in use, this smartphone game controller easily slips into your pocket. Read more for an animation, additional pictures and information.
These are inspired by the Nintendo Game Boy Advance and attach to your smartphone using a clip out back. Once attached securely, you pair them with your smartphone via Bluetooth, and you’ll be ready to game, complete with a D-pad, four main buttons, two shoulder buttons, and a start / select combo. When you’re finished, simply clip them together, and toggle the on / off switch to make sure it’s powered up for your next mobile gaming adventure.
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9+ Hours of Battery Life *Will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless multiplayer
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)