Jeff Mack Designs custom built a walnut and epoxy conference table that looks normal at first, but place a smartphone or other Qi-enabled wireless charging device on the lightning bolt, and it starts charging. “We wanted to have a subtle detail marking where the wireless chargers were and this is how it turned out!,” said Jeff. Read more for a video of it in-action.
For those who don’t know, Qi is basially an open interface standard that defines wireless power transfer using inductive charging over distances of up to 1.6-inches, developed by the Wireless Power Consortium. It uses a charging pad and a compatible device, which is placed atop the pad, charging via resonant inductive coupling.
- Charging for Home and Office: Now you can experience wireless charging day and night with one PowerWave Pad at work and another at home.
- Wide Compatibility: Support for all Qi-enabled devices including iPhone X, XS, XR, XS Max, 8, 8 Plus as well as Samsung Galaxy S10, S9, S8, Note 10, Note 9, Note 8.
- The Need for Speed: A high-efficiency chipset provides 10W high-speed charging for Samsung Galaxy, while iPhones get a boosted 7.5W charge. For best results, use a Quick Charge 2.0 or 3.0 adapter (9V/2A) for Samsung Galaxy and iPhone charging.
- Case Friendly: Don't fumble with your phone case. PowerWave charges directly through protective cases. Rubber/plastic/TPU cases less than 5 mm thick only. Magnetic and metal attachments or cards will prevent charging.
- What You Get: 2× PowerWave Pad Wireless Charger, 2× Micro USB Cable (4 ft ), welcome guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service. (AC adapter not included)