DPD Switzerland, Continental and Futuricum have just set a new Guinness World Record for the longest distance covered by an electric truck without a recharging stop. That’s right, this electric truck managed to travel 682.9-miles (1,099-kilometers) in 23 hours on a single charge. More specifically, the vehicle is a 19-ton Volvo FH converted to an electric drive that now makes 680 hp and has a capacity of 680 kilowatt hours. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The electric truck was equipped with Continental EfficientPro tires, which are designed for specially for low rolling resistance. However, this vehicle didn’t achieve the record on normal roads, but rather on the high-speed oval a the Contidrom, Continental’s test center in Hanover, Germany. Simply put, it’s a 1.7-mile (2.8-kilometer) long, oval test track. For the record, two drivers completed 392 laps in shifts of 4.5 hours each at an average speed of 31 mph.
- Safety Priority : UL 2272 certification ensures Ninebot S meets high standards for fire and electrical safety. The Smart Battery Management System provides reliable battery performance. IP54 waterproof protection ensures operation in various weathers.
- Sturdy & Powerful : Ninebot S is compact, weighting just 28 lbs with a max load of 220 lbs. Thanks to the dual 400W motors, it can easily reach a max speed of 10 mph. A single fully charged battery can run up to 13. 7 miles, climbing a max slope of 15°
- Road Adaptive Design : 10. 5" pneumatic tires provide a comfortable and smoother ride on bumpy roads. Knee control bar allows for precise steering and easy lifting. Applicable Age 16 – 50 years. Applicable Height - 3. 11 – 6. 6 Inch. Operating temperature-14-104°F(-10-40°C)
- Intelligent App Management : Download the Segway app for anti-theft function, speed limit and adjustment, vehicle self-diagnose, firmware upgrade, Ambient Light, vehicle remote control and more.
- Quality Assurance: The Ninebot S is sturdy and durable. One-year or 180-day for different parts, please refer to information in product details below, contact us at [email protected] if you have any problems.
We decided to invest in electric mobility at an early stage. The Futuricum truck has been traveling between the depot in Möhlin near Basel to the distribution center in Buchs/Zurich for about six months now. The e-truck can master the roughly 300 kilometers every day without any problems. We are proud that we have now been able to officially document our performance level,” said Marc Frank, Strategy & Innovation Director at DPD Switzerland.