Created by Randy Grubb, best known for building a hot rod powered by a 2400-pound diesel engine from an M47 Patton tank, the Decoliner is based on a 1973 GMC truck chassis, and the world’s first double-decker motorhome. Aside from the cab, which is from a 1953 White COE garbage truck, the aluminum body was entirely made by hand by Mr. Grubb himself, including the handblown glass used in the porthole-style windows. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The minimalist interior is inspired by both early passenger aircraft as well as the 1950s-style Airstream campers. Up front, the original truck cab was retained with some subtle custom work. Why are there handrails? Well, it has a houseboat-style floating bridge that enables you to drive the vehicle from the roof.
- Kids can build and rebuild 3 fun toys with this LEGO Creator 3in1 set. Build your own Townhouse Pet Shop and Café and then rebuild it to create a multi-story Bank or Market Street with tram!
- Packed with details for imaginative play, including a café with upper-level
- With 3 alternative builds, 3 minifigures and dog, toucan and mouse figures, this 969-piece LEGO Creator 3in1 set will keep boys and girls over 9 years old, and fans and big kids of all ages, entertained for hours
- The 3in1 Townhouse Pet Shop and Café model measures over 9 inches (25cm) high, 7 inches (20cm) wide and 8 inches (22cm) deep
- This LEGO Creator 3in1 Townhouse Pet Shop and Café 31097 creative toy is a perfect gift for kids who love to build and role-play, It can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for more creative fun