Tracking shots refer to any shot where the camera follows backward, forward or moves alongside the subject being recorded. In the film industry, the camera is typically mounted on a dolly that is then placed on rails, while a handheld steadycam or gimbal may also be used for smaller scale productions. The camera is then pushed along the track during filming of the scene or moved manually when using a handheld rig. Read more to see what happens when a professional drone pilot uses a quadcopter to create a tracking shot inside a bowling alley.
Called “Right Up Our Alley,” this short film takes place at Bryant Lake Bowl & Theater in Minneapolis and the drone is piloted by Jay Byrd Christensen. The footage begins just outside the bowling alley before swooping in to give viewers an up-close view of the lanes, around patrons / machinery as well as a short tour in the kitchen, bar, and theater.
- 【IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE】Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 【4K/60FPS VIDEO】The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- 【BRAND-NEW S MODE】Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- 【ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES】An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- 【ENTIRELY NEW WAY TO FLY】The DJI Motion Controller allows the aircraft to maneuver based on your natural hand motions.