Always wanted the feeling of flying a plane or racing around an F1 track from the comfort of your own living room? If so, then look no further than Eight360’s Nova VR motion simulator. There are three main areas where the technology could be used: entertainment, an outreach tool for different companies or for flight simulations and vehicle training. Read more for two videos and additional information.
What really sets Nova apart from other VR machines is its untethered design, or in other words, its spherical cockpit can fully rotate, and continuously roll over. The Eight360 crew is still perfecting how to make the cockpit spin around in conjunction with the VR headset.
- Next level gameplay: Launching with original games and experiences like Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series.
- All-in-one VR: Simply set up the device with your Oculus mobile app and Oculus Quest has everything you need to explore VR, right out of the box.
- Insight tracking: Oculus Insight tracking system instantly reflects your movements in VR without the need for any external accessories.
- Touch controllers: Oculus Touch controllers precisely recreate your hands, their gestures and interactions, so every game is real enough to reach out and touch.
- Beyond room-scale: Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting, in spaces big or small.
Because this is a new technology, there’s a lot of possibilities to explore. Everyone we talk to comes up with new things to do with it and we’re not sure where the market is. Commercially designed VR systems are not designed to do this. They do not like being spun around,” said Eight360 CEO Terry Miller.