Ford engineered their all-electric Mustang Cobra Jet to shatter performance records without using a drop of fuel, and it did just that recently by completing the quarter-mile in 8.27 seconds at 168 miles per hour, while reaching 1,502 peak wheel horsepower. In other words, it’s the combined output of more than three 2021 Mustang GT V8 engines. The automaker partnered with Cascadia Motion to power the Cobra Jet 1400, equipping it with four PN-250-DZR inverters coupled to a pair of DS-250-115s, for a total of four motors, all spinning at up to 10,000 revolutions per minute. These motor-inverter packages run at 800 volts and up to 700 amps, with a maximum output of 350kW per motor. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
To manage all that power, EM-EV and Ford Performance jointly collaborated to develop an advanced data and control system that features a control algorithm exclusive to the Cobra Jet 1400. This massive amount of power also required a different approach with chassis tuning strategies, which MLe, Ford’s build and integration collaborator for the project, took care of. You can see this beast in action at the NHRA U.S. Nationals on both FS1 and FOX TV, as well as nhra.tv livestream, this weekend.
- Build and customize your very own 1960s Ford Mustang GT, featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, 5-spoke rims with rugged tires, detailed interior, V8 engine and customization add-ons!
- Customize this “American muscle car model” with the included supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank
- Measures over 3-inch (10cm) high, 13-inch (34cm) long and 5-inch (14cm) wide
- 1471 pieces – For boys and girls aged 16+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Creator Expert Ford Mustang 10265 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Creator Expert Ford Mustang (NOT include the Lego Set).
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Use small Tweezers and three AAA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION: The light set installation is done to your preference. Please install your led light carefully, no hard pulling and no need to bend or shake it.
- ABOUT US: Specialized in custom-designed Lighting Kit toys, we aim to supply customer with good products and quality services. Make your creations unique with your rich imagination and creativity. Let 's light up your bricks and bring them new vitality. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a happy shopping experience!
It’s been a great but challenging project for all of us at Ford Performance. The opportunities to learn with the Mustang Cobra Jet 1400, as well as the Mustang Mach-E 1400 we recently introduced, gives us great insight into what may be possible in high-performance all-electric vehicles for Ford going forward. We are very interested in continuing to work with NHRA to determine how electrification can be part of the sport and to show off the Cobra Jet 1400 at max power in due course as regulations develop,” said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports.