Elon Musk’s SpaceX hinted that it could potentially launch commercial payloads using Starship as early as 2021, and last year, NASA selected a modified crew-rated Starship system as one of three potential lunar landing system design concepts to receive funding for a 10-month-long initial design phase for their Artemis program. The one thing we haven’t seen is what the interior of this spacecraft looks like, that is until now. Read more for a video that previews what the crew quarters may look like.
NASA selected the Starship Human Landing System (Starship HLS) for possible use during their Artemis moon missions. Featuring a smaller crew area, larger cargo bay, and power provided by a solar array located on its nose below the docking port. How would such a mission work? Well, a NASA Orion spacecraft would transport the crew to the lander where they would depart as well as descend to the surface in Starship HLS. After their lunar operations are complete, it would ascend using the same Starship HLS vehicle and return the crew to the Orion.
- Build an exciting space shuttle toy model that offers plenty of imaginative action possibilities and a Mars rover with articulated grappling arm to retrieve geodes!
- Includes 2 LEGO City Mars astronaut minifigures, plus a helidrone and storage drone
- Research shuttle measures over 3-inch (9cm) high, 9-inch (23cm) long and 8-inch (21cm) wide Mars rover measures over 1-inch (5cm) high, 2-inch (7cm) long and 2-inch (6cm) wide Helidrone measures over 1-inch (4cm) long and 1-inch (3cm) wide Storage drone measures over 1-inch (3cm) high and 1-inch (3cm) long Mars scenery build measures over 1-inch (3cm) wide
- 273 pieces –Astronaut construction toy for boys and girls aged 5+ and for fans of LEGO toys and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Mars Research Shuttle 60226 outer space toy set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO toys and LEGO bricks for more creative play