Hyundai Motor Group unveils the “DAL-e” – an acronym for “Drive you, Assist you, Link with you-experience – robot that will take over auto showrooms in the near future. This customer service robot will be capable of independently communicating with people using precise recognition capabilities and mobility functions. It comes equipped with advanced artificial intelligence technology for facial recognition as well as an automatic communication system based on a language-comprehension platform. Read more for additional pictures and information.
Some of its abilities include engaging in an automated dialogue with customers by providing useful information on products and services, while also responding to verbal as well as screen touch commands. The robot can move freely and escort customers to designated spots using an omnidirectional four wheel system and showcase vehicles / technologies by connecting wirelessly to a large display screen at the venue.
- With LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control model robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices)
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO Life
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long; The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others
The DAL-e is a next-generation service platform that can offer automated customer services anytime. It is expected to become a messenger capable of delivering consistent messages to customers in a more intimate and personal way than conventional robots. With continuous updates and improvements, the DAL-e will provide fresh, pleasant experiences to our valued customers in a contact-free environment,” said Dong Jin Hyun, Vice President and Head of the Robotics Lab at Hyundai Motor Group.