Photo credit: Yiorgis Yerolymbos, Panagiotis Voumvakis for Mold Architects
Villains in the James Bond movies are known for their lavish homes, and the NCAVED House by Mold Architects falls in that category, or at least for its uniqueness. Nestled in a secluded rocky cove on Greece’s Serifos Island, this modern living space appears to be floating just above sea level. A rectangular grid was applied to the slope to create a three-dimensional “chessboard” that isolate the residence quarters. In other words, if you view it from above, the home resembles a 3D chessboard. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The interior is separated into three levels, housing the living areas, bedrooms, and even a guesthouse. The first two levels are connected internally, while the guest house is independent. An external caved staircase connects all three levels from the outside and leads to the main entrance, located at the living room loft.
- This LEGO Architecture display model of The White House 21054 beautifully captures the neoclassical design and splendor of this world-famous residence occupied by every United States president since the 1800s
- Enjoy this LEGO building set for adults, featuring details like the Executive Residence, West Wing, East Wing and connecting colonnades of The White House, plus the Rose Garden and Jacqueline Kennedy Garden
- The model can easily be divided into 3 sections for closer inspection of the architectural details; It also has a LEGO brick inscribed ‘The White House’ to complete a conversation-starting display piece
- If you’ve been to or dream of visiting The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC, or you just love travel, architecture, history and design, this is the creative building kit for you
- Measuring 4” (11cm) high, 18” (47cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep, this buildable LEGO Architecture model is a super display item for your home or office. It's also makes the best gift for creative friends
Longitudinal walls of dry stone outline and protect the interior and exterior spaces. They consist the vertical borders, which lead the visitor’s gaze to the horizon line. In contrast to the sturdy stone walls, the transverse facades are light, made of glass and can open along their entire length. The front is fully open to the east view, while the rear windows frame indoor gardens, enhancing the air flow and letting light into the residence,” said the architects.