EmbraerX, the air taxi division of Embraer, first launched an electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft concept in June, 2019. This year, they followed it up with the PULSE. This concept is basically a private jet and self-driving car in one, all based around a central docking pod. This transparent can quickly transition from a VTOL aircraft to autonomous vehicle. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
PULSE’s design allows it to extend air travel beyond airports with “door-to-door service” between destinations, thanks to its “bird-like” capabilities. In other words, birds have the ability to takeoff from anywhere, hover, abruptly turn around or soar, and EVTOLs act more like this than any flying aircraft to date.
- Build the Stark Jet featuring stud shooters, adjustable wings and an opening hatch function to drop bombs or let Spider-Man hang from this superhero vehicle, then destroy 2 stud-shooting drones!
- This creative building toy includes 4 Marvel Universe minifigures: Happy Hogan, Nick Fury, Mysterio and a Spider-Man figure
- Buildable toy jet measures over 6-inch (10cm) high, 9-inch (38cm) long and 3-inch (25cm) wide Each buildable toy drone measures over 1-inch (4cm) long, 1-inch (4cm) wide and under1-inch (2cm) high
- 504 pieces – Spider-Man playset for boys and girls aged 8+ and for fans and big kids of all ages This LEGO Marvel Spider-Man: Stark Jet and the Drone Attack 76130 superhero playset can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative play
- Recreate superhero action from Marvel’s Spider-Man: Far From Home movie with this exciting Marvel toy building set for kids
The fuselage is particularly interesting. The pod structure is made of transparent aluminum, otherwise known as Alon. Though this material is classified and currently being considered for use by NASA and other governmental anti-ballistic projects, I think it would make a fantastic fuselage material,” said Jay Beever, vice president of interior design for Embraer Executive Jets, to Robb Report.