Priced at $69.99, the Estes New Shepard model rocket is modeled after its real-life counterpart, but at 1/66th scale. It’s fully reusable and follows the same flight profile as the actual rocket, which means that the capsule is payload-capable and separates from the booster near its apogee of approximately 400-feet. The rocket then safely floats back to Earth under a parachute for touchdown. Read more to see it in-action and for additional information.
Each one of these rockets also comes with a Club for the Future (Blue Origin’s foundation) postcard for kids to draw or write their vision of how they see the future of space travel and how rockets will shape humanity. These personalized postcards can then be directly mailed to Club for the Future where they will launch into space oboard a Blue Origin New Shepard rocket. After the flight, the postcard will then be returned with an official ‘Flown to Space’ stamp.
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module; Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands; The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39-inches (100cm) high and 6-inches (17cm) in diameter; It includes 1,969 pieces and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older
The Estes and Club for the Future collaboration is the next exciting step in Estes’s long legacy of supporting STEM education, and the Estes New Shepard is the perfect vehicle to inspire future generations,” said Mallory Langford, President, Estes Industries.