SEGA’s Golden Axe, a side-scrolling arcade beat ’em up, was first released in 1989. Players control one of three warriors who try to take down the villain Death Adder. The dictator that has taken over the once peaceful land of Yuria, while killing their friend and partner, Alex. Several ports of the game were created, most notably on the SEGA Master System / Mega Drive / Genesis, but it has made its way into id Software’s DOOM. Read more for a short demo and how to play it yourself.
GOLDEN AXE DOOM!
Rescue Villager 'event' has been successfully implemented!(finally)
— Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur (@BBblazkowicz) August 26, 2021
Currently, only a pre-alpha build of the mod is available to the public, which includes the first stage of the game, called ‘Village Outskirts’. The original Golden Axe game doesn’t use any firearms or long-range weapons, so this mod keeps it that way, but adds a few jump-attacks, spinning attacks and alternate-fire kicks.
- Hd audio and video (720p) with 16: 9/ 4: 3 Switch (HD cable only)
- High compatibility with (NTSC/PAL) NES, Super NES/Super Famicom, and Genesis/Mega drive cartridges
- Hyperkin-engineered perfect pin (patent pending) Technology sets a new standard for state-of-the-art, high-quality pins
- Comes with a "Scout" And a "Squire" Premium classic-style Controller, Controller ports support compatible controllers for each Console
- Includes AV ports with AV cable, 3 ft. Hd cable, 6 ft. Micro charge cable and AC Adapter
OK MORE R SHOWING INTEREST THAN I EXPECTED
HERE IS THE LINK YOU NEED THE LATEST VERSION OF GZDOOM TO PLAYhttps://t.co/eZhVlmky4N
— Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur (@BBblazkowicz) August 24, 2021