Photo credit: Freddie Atkins
Ferrari has long been known to offer their supercars in bespoke colors, and this 488 Pista is no exception. It’s the world’s first and only finished in Verde Francesca, a color that traces its origins back to a 1950s Maserati shade. This color was modified by the owner of the car and then further tweaked by Ferrari’s Tailor Made department. Read more for a video and additional information.
For those who don’t know, the Pista’s design was influenced by both the 488 GTE ans well as 488 Challenge race variants. Its twin-turbocharged 3.9L V8 engine now produces 710 hp at 8,000 rpm and 568 lb⋅ft of torque at 3,000 rpm, thanks to new camshafts, a larger intercooler, reinforced pistons, titanium connecting rods and Inconel exhaust manifolds.
- This spectacular toy playset featuring a brilliantly detailed Ferrari F8 Tributo is an ideal gift for those with a passion for building LEGO replica model cars and using them to stage their own races
- Includes a building kit of a Ferrari F8 Tributo model and 1 collectible Ferrari racing driver minifigure
- The first ever opportunity to build a car toy replica of the super-fast Ferrari F8 Tributo, which kids can display home or use to have exciting races with their friends!
- This LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari model car kit offers endless build-and-play racing fun and makes an action-packed holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kid ages 8+ who love Ferraris, model cars, racecars and racing toys
- The Ferrari F8 Tributo measures 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide: all 2020 LEGO Speed Champions are 25% bigger, meaning the toy model cars reflect the real-life versions better than ever before!
The color’s origin comes from a gorgeous 1950s Maserati color called Verde Tevere which was used recently (ex-factory) on a Ferrari 250 SWB. As I was researching historic color options for my Pista, Tevere was suggested by [ymf] I then created my own samples in the U.K. before visiting Maranello. Ferrari has created their version of it which is slightly different,” said its owner.