FLIR Systems wins a $39.6-million order to deliver Black Hornet Personal Reconnaissance Systems (PRS) to help aid the United States (U.S.) Army in battle. Theese nano-unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems will support platoon and small unit level surveillance as well as reconnaissance capabilities for the Soldier Borne Sensor (SBS) Program. Read more for two videos and additional information.
We’ve covered the Black Hornet Nano before, but just to recap, it’s basically a military micro unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that measures just 10 × 2.5 cm and small enough to fit in one hand, weighing just over half an ounce. It comes equipped with three cameras; one looking forward, one looking straight down, and one pointing downward at 45 degrees. Each system contains two helicopters, each with a 25 minute flight time, so when one needs to be recharged the other is ready to fly.
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion, capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Weighing less than 0.55lbs / 250 grams, Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, Ultra-smooth footage
- Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- DJI Fly App requires iOS v10.0, Android v6.0 or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, Samsung Galaxy S10+, S10, S9+, S9 , S8+, S8, S7 edge, S7, S6, Note9, Note8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 10, nova 5, nova 4, nova 3e, nova 2, Honor 8X, 10, 9, 20 Pro, Magic 2, Mi 8, MIX 2S, MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, Oppo Find X, R15, Vivo NEX, X27, X21, X20A, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, LG V20, LG G6
This contract is a major win for the newly established Unmanned Systems & Integrated Solutions business division at FLIR and demonstrates the strong and urgent demand for nano-UAV technology offered by FLIR. Protecting U.S. war fighters with our unmanned solutions is a key objective for FLIR,” said Jim Cannon, President and CEO of FLIR Systems.