CarWow wanted to see how two V8 powerhouses would fare if pit against each other in a drag racing showdown, and that’s how this battle between the Ford Mustang Bullitt and Lexus LC 500 started. The Ford Mustang Bullitt is powered by a naturally aspirated 5.0L V8 generating 480 hp @ 7000RPM and 420 lb-ft of torque @ 4600RPM, mated to a 6-speed manual transmission with rev matching. Its competitor, the Lexus LC500, has a 5.0L V8 generating 471 hp and 398 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission. Read more for the video and additional information.
Sure, the Lexus LC 500 may not have launch control, but it still pulls quite nicely off the line. However, as you can see in the video, during the second run, the Ford launch control was used and things were a bit more even, but the Lexus still manages to catch up, with both completing the 1/4-mile run in a blistering 12.6 seconds. In conclusion, both vehicles are evenly matched and it comes down to how much more you’re willing to pay for luxury, as there’s a $40,000+ premium on the Lexus LC 500 over the Bullitt.
- This stunning, collectible model car playset featuring 2 LEGO Lamborghini race cars is packed with authentic details and is perfect for those who love race cars and staging thrilling race action!
- The buildable Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo EVO and Lamborghini Urus ST-X LEGO replicas come with a start line with 'lights,' plus 2 racing driver LEGO minifigures
- New for January 2020, Lamborghini makes an exciting LEGO Speed Champions debut with these two amazing cars, making this a collectible model car building kit to display and use to create thrilling stories with other mini replicas!
- This 663-piece Lamborghini model car building kit offers a rewarding challenge for boys and girls ages 8+ and makes a great LEGO gift
- The LEGO Lamborghini Huracán model measures 1” (5cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide: new for 2020, all LEGO Speed Champions cars are now 25% bigger to include even more details from the original versions!