Photo credit: Wicked Concepts
Its license plate is fittingly “HUGE BUG”, and rightfully so. A father and son duo took a 1959 Volkswagen Beetle and made it 40% larger. How so? It’s essentially a custom-built VW Beetle that rides atop the chassis of a 2010 Dodge Ram full-size pickup truck powered by a 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 engine up front. That’s right, it took 3,514 custom parts in the metal fabrication shop that he owns, including screws created from scratch because there were none that existed in their size. Read more for a video and additional information.
This huge bug is truly a monster, as it weighs in at 6,200 pounds, and the hood alone clocks in at around 200 pounds. The interior is just as picture perfect, detail wise, as the exterior. We do have to note that the dashboard instruments are not functional by design, but instead, a digital cluster drops down when Tupper starts the engine.
- Build the world’s most popular car, packed with authentic 1960’s details!
- Includes curved fenders, distinctive hubcaps, round headlights, wing-mounted turn signals, surfer accessories, opening hood, trunk and doors
- LEGO Creator Expert building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- The Beetle is over 5” high, 11” long and 4” wide
- 1167 pieces – For LEGO fans over 16 years old