Photo credit: Tom Drew | Car & Driver
Back in 1991, the GMC Syclone, a high-performance version of the GMC Sonoma pickup truck, was released, and it became the world’s fastest production pickup truck. It’s powered by a 4.3L LB4 turbocharged V6 engine making 280 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission that sent power to all four wheels. All this power meant it was able to hit 60 mph in 4.3-seconds and complete the quarter mile in just 13.4-seconds, or just enough to beat out the Ferrari 348 ts. Read more for two videos anad additional information.
Anyone wondering why these are rarely seen on the road should know that only a total of 2,998 Syclones were built over its two year production run and just 3-units were manufactured in 1992. Digging deeper, and you’ll realize that the #0001 1992 Syclone was used specially for DOT crash testing while the remaining 2 are privately owned.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide