After a summer of rumors, the GoPro HERO10 Black is now official, and the upgrades have mostly been internal, starting with the high-performance GP2 processor. This new chip delivers far improved image quality and quick video frame rates that enable it to capture ultra smooth 5.3K video at 60 frames per second, 4K video at 120 frames per second and 2.7K video at an a silky 240 frames per second. Read more for two videos, including a hands-on review.
GP2 also powers HyperSmooth 4.0 video stabilization, which means you won’t need an external gimbal for cinema-like shots. Other features include a higher resolution 23-megapixel sensor for photos, improved low-light performance and a quicker user interface. Plus, you can also screen capture 19.6 megapixel video stills from 5K 4:3 video at 30 frames per second and 15.8 megapixel video stills from 5.3K video at 60 frames per second. It’s automatically connected to the cloud when plugged in to charge, meaning it starts uploading recently captured footage to your GoPro cloud account. Available now, priced at $399.98 USD directly from GoPro.
- Dual Screens: Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting, while the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display. This durable, versatile action camera is jam-packed with advanced technology that lets you spend less time worrying about equipment and more time living the action.
- The RockSteady technology combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets.
- Action camera with 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor, 12MP, wide-angle 145° that allows you to shoot 4K HDR videos.
- 8x Slow Motion: Capture every epic move with jaw-dropping clarity and detail when you use 8x slow motion with 1080p resolution and 240fps. Time-lapse: Condense time and movement for stunning, easy-to-achieve results. Charging Time: 90 mins
- 11m Waterproof, -10℃ Temperature Resistant Sporting a watertight seal and a hydrophobic coating on the back touchscreen, Osmo Action is waterproof at depths of up to 11 meters, making it the perfect underwater companion. Versatile batteries perform well even in extremely cold environments with temperatures as low as -10℃.
HERO10 Black is one of the most impressive cameras in the world, regardless of price. Congratulations to our product and engineering teams on creating such a worthy 10th edition of our beloved HERO camera,” said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro founder and CEO.