Photo credit: CNN via Design Boom
Hong Kong-based Hanson Robotics’ latest humanoid robot is called Grace, and targeted for the healthcare market. If you look closely, beyond her realistic brown hair, you’ll discover a thermal camera in her chest designed to take your temperature and measure responsiveness. Artificial intelligence is employed to diagnose a patient and she can speak English, Mandarin as well as Cantonese. Read more for a video and additional information.
Awakening Health, a joint venture between Hanson Robotics and Singularity Studio, plans to being mass-producing a beta version of Grace by September. The goal is a full deployment some time during 2022 in locations including Hong Kong, mainland China, Japan and Korea. Currently, it costs $35,000+ USD to build Grace, but pricing will decrease once the company steps up manufacturing.
- Intelligent RC Robot Car. It can transform automatically from car to robot when you press the button on the controller. Transforms back and forth so easily and quite awesome.
- One key auto demo. Controller toggles for forward, backward, left and right, one button transformation, one key auto demo - After pressing the demo button, it will presenting you wonderful shows.
- 2.4Ghz Remote Control. 2.4Ghz Powerful Transmitter system supports multiple cars racing at the same time without interference. Just press the demo button, 360 degree turning flexibly in both robot model and car shape, it will show you a wonderful performance.
- Rechargeable Batteries Included. Our transformer car robot Equipped with a high capacity rechargeable battery pack, durable and safe for kids to play with. Full charge for 1h and it will last up for 20-30mins. The controller requires 2pcs 1.5v AA batteries are also included. Let's have fun right now.
- The Gift for Kids. Made of high-quality and harmless ABS plastic and electronic elements with strong crash resistance. Great Ideal for birthday prizes, sweepstakes or holiday gifts. Keep your kids away from computers, mobile phones and TVs to improve their coordination and thinking skills.
I can visit with people and brighten their day with social stimulation … but can also do talk therapy, take bio readings and help healthcare providers. A human-like appearance facilitates trust and natural engagement because we are wired for human face-to-face interactions,” said Hanson Robotics to Reuters.