Photo credit: Amsoil
From afar, this appears to be some type of muscle car or yet to be announced supercar, but get closer, and you’ll see it’s actually the GT-SSC (SuperSuperCar). Built by Double Trouble Hot Rod, it’s essentially a 2001 C5 Corvette body that was chopped up to fit two supercharged LT4 Chevy LS V8 engines side-by-side, each producing 650HP each with 640 lb-ft of torque, for a combined 1300HP. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
It made its debut at Hot August Nights last week in Reno, Nevada, but unfortunately, guests weren’t able to see it hit the claimed top speed of 300 mph. Aesthetically, the headlights are sourced from a Genesis G80, while the massive rear wing and widebody kit appear to be completely custom fabricated.
- This is the ultimate ECTO-1 building kit for fans of LEGO bricks and Ghostbusters looking to build their next model car or simply relax with an immersive hands-on hobby project
- This is no Ghostbusters toy; It’s a car kit for adults with working steering, trapdoor with ghost trap, an extending gunner seat, plus a moving ghost sniffer and other paranormal detection equipment
- With pieces like a curved windshield, modular steering wheel and brick with Ghostbusters deco, this authentically detailed set will look great in your home or office
- Ideal for Ghostbusters fans and LEGO lovers alike, this ECTO-1 model car gives hours of enjoyment and a building experience that will appeal to adults
- Measuring over 8” (22.5cm) high, 18” (47cm) long and 6” (16.5cm) wide, ECTO-1 is packed with authentic details that you'll be proud to display