As many already know, Half-Life: Alyx is a virtual reality first-person shooter set between the events of Half-Life (1998) and Half-Life 2 (2004). Players take control of Alyx Vance who is on a mission to seize a superweapon belonging to the alien Combine. This latest mod lets you enter the world of BioShock Rapture in virtual reality, if you’re brave enough that is. Called “Return to Rapture,” the mod is focused on Andrew Ryan, the founder of Rapture, who holds a suitcase with the key to ADAM (a genetics-manipulating chemical) and BioShock’s iconic plasmids. Read more for two gameplay videos and additional information.
The Combine wants access to the key as well as the plasmids, so Alyx needs to get them first. The mod retains the structure of the original game, but puts a twist on it by adding elements from another popular game franchise. One caveat: it’s still a work in progress, so most will be able to finish it in just about under 30-minutes.
- Next-level Hardware - Make every move count with a blazing-fast processor and our highest-resolution display
- All-In-One Gaming - With backward compatibility, you can explore new titles and old favorites in the expansive Quest content library
- Immersive Entertainment - Get the best seat in the house to live concerts, groundbreaking films, exclusive events and more
- Quest 2 requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world
- Easy Setup - Just open the box, set up with the smartphone app and jump into VR. No PC or console needed. Requires wireless internet access and the Oculus app (free download) to set up device