Half-Life: Alyx was released today, and it just might be the best adventure virtual reality game yet. It takes place before the return of Gordon Freeman in Half-Life 2, and players control his ally Alyx Vance as she, along with her father Eli Vance, fight the Combine, an alien empire that has conquered Earth. Players use virtual reality to get supplies, use interfaces, throw objects, and engage in combat with gravity gloves, which also allow players to manipulate gravity. Read more for a video review and additional information.
You’ll still find classic Half-Life elements such as exploration, puzzles, combat, and story are to return. Each one of the weapons can be used one-handed, as Valve wanted players to have a hand free to interact with the world at all times. This game also supports user mods via the Steam Workshop.
- Lighthouse tracking - base station 1.0 provides up to 160 sq. Feet of play space for those that demand the best in Vive VR gaming.
- Crystal-clear graphics - see the virtual world through a 2880 x 1700 combined Pixel resolution. All-new LCD panels reduce the distance between Pixels, minimizing the screen-door effect.
- Flip-up design - go easily between reality and virtual reality with the flip-up design, without disrupting your VR journey.
- Vive port - Get the most out of VR with Infinity. Enjoy unlimited access to hundreds of VR games, apps, and videos.
- Vive reality system - Vive reality system lets you navigate seamlessly between virtual experiences. Discover new content, launch titles from your library, play a video, or browse the web.