Hershey’s has just unveiled an innovative Reese’s Trick-or-Treat Door that safely dispenses candy this Halloween. This robotic, social-distancing creation brings Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups direct to your doorstep, and once it arrives, all you need to do is say “trick or treat” to receive a nice surprise. It travels through neighborhoods being controlled by a remote operator, complete with smoke, lights and an epic Halloween soundtrack. Read more for a video and additional information.
Technically speaking, it’s powered by three motors that are directed by a remote control from up to 5,000 feet away. The 9-foot door boasts a built-in Bluetooth-enabled speaker that activates once “trick or treat” is said, which then dispenses a king-sized Reese’s candy bar through the mail slot from a retractable shelf.
- AUTOMATIC CANDY DISPENSER: This candy dispenser stores peanuts, gumballs, jellybeans & other treats in an easy-to-fill canister. Simply place your hand or dish under the dispenser chute & touch the sensor!
- CORDLESS & EASY TO CLEAN: Cordless operation lets you place the dispenser anywhere! Uses 3 AAA batteries (not included). Easily take it apart, hand wash the internal pieces & reassemble in a snap.
- CHOOSE YOUR TREAT: Give yourself a snack break! Ideal treats for this dispenser include small gumballs, M&Ms, Skittles, small shelled nuts, cereals, dry pet treats or kibble & foods of similar size.
- GREAT GIFTS FOR ALL OCCASIONS: Whether it's for yourself or a gift for someone special, check out our latest innovative products, from air purifiers to toys & games to luxury items for home or office!
- SHARPER IMAGE: We offer the latest home electronics, air purifiers, high tech gadgets, toys, grooming items & other lifestyle products, designed & built with the latest styles & technology.
This Halloween is unlike any other, so we’ve upped the ante on creativity as a result. A robotic Reese’s dispensing door is just what the world needs right now!,” said Allen Dark, Reese’s senior brand manager, in a press release.