SSC North America, America’s first hypercar company, just took the title of the “Fastest Production Vehicle,” this time with its 1,750hp Tuatara hypercar. It was piloted by acclaimed professional racing driver, Oliver Webb on Saturday morning, October 10, right outside of Las Vegas near Pahrump, Nevada along a seven-mile stretch of State Route 160. It averaged 316.11 mph (508.73 km/h) following two consecutive high-speed test runs of 301.07 mph (484.53 km/h) and 331.15 mph (532.93 km/h). Read more for a video and additional pictures.
To claim the title of “Fastest Production Vehicle, the SSC Tuatara has to travel in opposite directions, clocking its speeds within one hour. Officials were on site to verify that all world record criteria was met using data from the Dewetron GPS measurements, which tracked the speed runs using an average of 15 satellites.
- This 3,696-piece LEGO set for adults features a 1:8 scale race car model, bringing you closer than ever to the real Lamborghini Sián FKP 37
- Authentic replica features include V12 engine with moving pistons, steering, front and rear suspension and rear spoiler, and opening scissor doors
- Admire the 8-speed sequential transmission, opening front and rear hood, detailed disc brakes, golden rims, and lime green color scheme
- USAGE: (NOT include the Lego Set) The Light Set is used to light up technic lamborghini sian fkp 37.
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in...
- TIPS: Prepare three AA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
There was definitely more in there. And with better conditions, I know we could have gone faster. As I approached 331 mph, the Tuatara climbed almost 20 mph within the last five seconds. It was still pulling well. As I told Jerod [CEO of SSC], the car wasn’t running out of steam yet. The crosswinds are all that prevented us from realizing the car’s limit,” said Oliver Webb, who piloted the record run.