Ukraine-based Highland Systems teamed up with the Streit Group to develop “The Storm,” a tank-like armored military vehicle. Its multi-purpose platform was designed for groups needing amphibious capabilities, powered by a diesel hybrid in a series, two-line configuration. Unlike a standard powertrain, the power from the Storm’s generator and battery pack is transferred to two electric motors, one at each drive sprocket, for a combined output of 2,500 hp, while a third motor provides and additional 201 hp to the HamiltonJet waterjet. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
You can expect up to 18-36 hours of range in hybrid mode with its diesel range extender, or 1.5-3.5 hours on pure battery power depending on the speed. Since it does weigh in at 17,600-pounds, The Storm can hit a top speed of 87 mph on land and 18.6 mph in water. The armor offers protection from mines, improvised explosive devices, and ballistics. The coolest part? It can be operated remotely, allowing for unmanned missions.
- Give kids who love rescue vehicle toys a special treat with this awesome hovercraft toy. It’s filled with authentic details, making it perfect for role-play adventures
- Check out all the cool features, including the ‘hover’ effect, turning fans, cockpit and rotating warning light, just like on a real hovercraft air cushion vehicle (ACV)
- The 2-in-1 design means more role-play fun for young heroes. Rebuild the model hovercraft to create a Twin-Engine Aircraft with moving rudders and ailerons
- The LEGO Technic Rescue Hovercraft (42120) makes a great birthday, holiday or anytime gift for kids aged 8 and up who love rescue vehicle toys
- This hovercraft toy model measures over 4.5 in. (12 cm) high, 9.5 in (24 cm) long and 5 in. (13 cm) wide