Hyundai Motor Group has unveiled their latest project, TIGER (Transforming Intelligent Ground Excursion Robot), and it’s the company’s second Ultimate Mobility Vehicle (UMV). This transforming intelligent ground excursion robot is designed specifically for carrying various types of payload while traveling over challenging terrain. It’s based on a modular platform architecture, which consists of a sophisticated leg / wheel locomotion system, 360-degree directional control, and multiple sensors for remote observation. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) can also fully charge and deliver TIGER to inaccessible locations. It can use its large load bay housed within its body means to transport goods for delivery, or be deployed to deliver aid packages in emergencies. Thanks to its flexible leg-wheel articulation, TIGER can tackle a range of extreme situations while keeping payloads more level than a typical ground vehicle. When its legs are retracted, TIGER drives like an all-wheel drive vehicle, but when it gets stuck, they can be used to get unstuck or easily travel over that terrain.
- With LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control model robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices)
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO Life
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long; The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others
Vehicles like TIGER, and the technologies underpinning it, give us an opportunity to push our imaginations. We are constantly looking at ways to rethink vehicle design and development and re-define the future of transportation and mobility,” said Dr. John Suh, Head of New Horizons Studio.