Photo credit: Worldwide Vintage Autos via Car Scoops
The Ferrari F40 (Type F120) was the company’s fastest, most powerful, and most expensive car for sale between 1987-1992. This mid-engine, rear-wheel drive supercar was engineered by Nicola Materazzi with styling by Pininfarina and the successor to the 288 GTO. It celebrated Ferrari’s 40th anniversary and was the last Ferrari automobile personally approved by Enzo Ferrari. Worldwide Vintage Autos is offering a Pontiac Fiero-based Ferrari F40 replica that won’t be fooling anyone. Read more for additional pictures and information.
It may look believable up front from afar, but upon closer inspection, you’ll discover that the sides and rear are not even close to replicating the actual F40. On the inside, the only modification that has anything to do with the F40 is a four-spoke steering wheel with the prancing horse badge. Power comes from a 383 cubic-inch V8 engine that outputs 140 hp and 169 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Fortunately, the asking price is a somewhat reasonable $24,900.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide