Shift4 Payments CEO and commercial astronaut Jared Isaacman had plenty of camera equipment onboard the SpaceX Dragon capsule during the Inspiration4 mission, but for some shots, he opted to use an iPhone. The entire crew used several Apple products, including the Apple Watch Series 6, to conduct ultrasounds using iPhone 12 Pros and a Butterfly IQ+. When you’re traveling 357.3-miles above Earth, the cupola provides some pretty nice views, as you’re about to see. Read more for two videos and additional information.
A video over Brazil from first day on orbit. Shot w/iPhone but hopefully we can get some of @inspiration4x Nikon shots out soon. Such a privilege to see our 🌎 from this perspective. We need to take far better care of our home planet and also reaching for the stars. pic.twitter.com/mAQw6eK8Ui
— Jared Isaacman (@rookisaacman) September 25, 2021
What kind of camera system is found on the iPhone 12 Pro Max? Its ƒ/1.6 aperture Wide camera boasts a 47% larger sensor with 1.7μm pixels for a massive 87 percent improvement in low-light conditions over its predecessor. Plus, it also includes the expansive Ultra Wide camera and a 65 mm focal length Telephoto camera for increased flexibility with closer shots and tighter crops. As for footage, it’s capable of capturing HDR video with Dolby Vision, up to 60FPS.
- Computerized star locating telescope: The Celestron NexStar 130SLT is a computerized telescope that offers a database of more than 40,000 stars, galaxies, nebulae, and more. The telescope locates your object with pinpoint accuracy and tracks it. Compatible with 2 inch eyepieces
- Compact and portable: This telescope for adults and kids to be used together is ideal for weekend camping trips or excursions to dark sky sites. Its compact form factor makes it easy to transport and assemble just about anywhere.
- Newtonian reflector optical design: The NexStar 130SLT is the largest in the SLT family. The 130mm aperture gathers enough light to see our Solar System and beyond. View Saturn’s rings, Jupiter’s cloud bands, and the Moon in brilliant detail.
- Fast setup with skyalign: Celestron’s proprietary SkyAlign procedure has you ready to observe in minutes. Simply center any 3 bright objects in the eyepiece and the NexStar SLT aligns to the night sky, ready to locate thousands of objects.
- Bonus free starry night software: The NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope includes a free download of one of the top consumer rated astronomy software programs for an interactive sky simulation. Compatible with starsense technology and Wi-Fi
Cool video from 🐉 cupola w/ xenomorph. In hindsight, it wasn’t worth the trouble of repacking the alien and probably took away from the video… but the view is pretty incredible and my kids will like the 👽
Shot from: iPhone. pic.twitter.com/OB0KTIlv0y
— Jared Isaacman (@rookisaacman) September 24, 2021