Photo credit: CNET
There are a host of self-driving cars on the road today, but John Deere wanted to make life easier for farmers with the latest autonomous technology. So, they combined Deere’s 8R tractor, a TruSet-enabled chisel plow, GPS guidance system, and new advanced technologies, to make a fully autonomous version that will be available later this year. It comes equipped with six pairs of stereo cameras, which enables 360° obstacle detection and distance calculation. Read more for two videos and additional information.
These images captured by the cameras are then processed by a deep neural network that classifies each pixel in approximately 100 milliseconds and determines if the machine continues to move or stops, depending on if an obstacle is detected. A geofence allows the autonomous tractor to continuously check its position, ensuring stays within its boundaries. Farmers can use the John Deere Operations Center Mobile app to start the machine and monitor it directly from their mobile device.
- Build an icon of drag racing – Race car fans will love building and exploring this action-packed LEGO Technic Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (42138) drag race car toy set
- Pull-back function – With 2 pull-back motors, controlling this cool car toy is easy. Just pull back and then release to send your car speeding along
- Epic AR (augmented reality) experience – Use the LEGO Technic AR app to put the car to the test on a virtual racetrack. Check out the challenges for more fun ways to play
- Ideal for any drag racing fan aged 9+ – This muscle car toy building set makes a top gift for anyone who loves race cars, drag racing or AR toys
- Perfect size for play – This cool car toy measures over 3 in. (8 cm) high, 10.5 in. (27 cm) long and 4.5 in. (12 cm) wide
John Deere Operations Center Mobile provides access to live video, images, data and metrics, and allows a farmer to adjust speed, depth and more. In the event of any job quality anomalies or machine health issues, farmers will be notified remotely and can make adjustments to optimize the performance of the machine,” said the company.