Halo’s Warthog, also known as the M12 Force Application Vehicle (M12-FAV), is essentially fast attack vehicle serving as the United Nations Space Command Armed Forces’ primary joint light tactical ground vehicle. There have been several attempts at creating a replica, but most just lacked the power necessary to back up its looks, that is unless…you’re talking about the one built by Ken Block, along with his Hoonigan team. Yes, this is the same vehicle you see in the move “Free Guy”. Read more for a video and additional information.
They started with a custom rock crawler chassis as the base, complete with a rock crawling suspension and steering. Unlike the Warthog from the games, this one has solid front and rear axles instead of a fully independent suspension. However, both axles were fitted with steering assemblies, which means it retains the four-wheel steering system. The coolest features? A twin-turbocharged 7.2L Ford-sourced small block V8 that makes 1,060 horsepower as well as the 43-inch tires that go anywhere.
- 1. Halo Infinite inspired UNSC Warthog vehicle building set with rolling wheels, cockpit, pivoting turret and working wheelbase suspension
- 1. 2-in-1 building toy: Choose to build the Warthog or a watercraft and jetpack
- 1. 4 highly collectible micro action figures, Master Chief, UNSC Marine and 2 Jackal Freebooters, with authentic detail, 12 points of articulation, display stands and interchangeable weapon accessories
- 1. Ideal for ages 8 and up, this building set features detailed authenticity to strengthen creative thinking skills
- 1. 315 bricks and pieces combine with all Mega Construx building sets and are compatible with other name brands
To bring the iconic transport vehicle to our universe, Hoonigan Industries, the leading lifestyle motorsport brand, worked closely with the team at Halo and 343 Industries to develop this special project-built Warthog, solely using hi-res images and renders from Halo Infinite, launching this holiday season. The vehicle features a body, interior, switchgear, and accessories that were all hand-crafted and fabricated with intricate detail at Hoonigan Industries,” said Microsoft.