It’s official, the world’s largest hydro-floating solar hybrid farm has opened for commercial operations at Sirindhorn Dam on Thailand’s Lam Dom Noi River. This project, built by the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT), is set to become a new tourist attraction of Ubon Ratchathani Province, ready to welcome tourists by early next year. It’s capable of generating up to 114,000 GW of power from natural gas, consisting of seven large angled panels of photovoltaic cells on the platform. Read more for a video and additional information.
The positioning of these 145,000 photovoltaic cells enable sunlight to pass through into the water without damaging the underwater ecosystem. The area of the panel spans the equivalent of 70 soccer fields, but occupies just 1% of the reservoir’s surface. It can help conserve 460,000 cubic meters of water lost to evaporation every year. This entire project cost $34-million to compete and has a power output of 45MW.
- Qi Wireless & Solar Power：10,000mAh wireless power bank with solar. Not just wireless power bank but wireless charger as well compatible with iPhone XR/ XR MAX/ XS/ X/ 8/ 8plus, Samsung Galaxy S9/S9plus S8/S8plus and all qi-enabled mobile devices.
- Friendly Reminder on Solar：kindly know that solar charging is an additional feature, Taken the small panel size, large capacity and uncontrollable sunlight intensity into consideration, the solar charging option works as a backup solution while other sources of power is unavailable. Make sure the power bank is fully charged before your trips.
- Extensive Tested Charging Times：The charging times of the solar phone charger have been extensively tested. Itself can be fully recharged around 6hours with 5V/2A adapter, It can charge iphone7plus up to 2.2times, iPhone X up to 2.3times, iphone8 up to 3.5times.
- Sturdy Durable and Compact Size：the portable charger is made of premium ABS materials and lithium polymer battery, highly sturdy and durable. Its equipped with two USB, type C, dual flashlights and a compass kit. Light weight and compact size.
- Dual Flashlight & Compass Kit：The solar phone charger is built with dual bright flashlight, and comes with a portable compass kit, a handy tool for outdoor activities, like camping, cycling, fishing, traveling, hiking and beaches.
Mr. Boonyanit Wongrukmit, Governor of the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) revealed that the 45-MW Hydro-Floating Solar Hybrid Project at Sirindhorn Dam in Ubon Ratchathani Province began commercial operation on October 31, 2021 to enhance the country’s power system security, reduce greenhouse gas emissions of around 47,000 tons/year, and provide clean energy to help mitigate global warming,” according to a press release.